Monday, March 13, 2023

The Season of Green


 Hello everyone!  And happy (almost) spring!  St. Patrick's Day is this week and with that hopefully a bit of frivolity in the form of music, Guinness and all things Ireland!

Amy writing here today and I am one of the admins of our local Urban Sketchers group here in Cincinnati.  When I am not out sketching this amazing city, I'm also an Irish musician!  I thoroughly encourage us all to take our sketchbooks with us as we celebrate this season of green.  Musicians are a wonderful way to practice sketching people.  They are already ok with being stared at and they stay in a relatively still pose while playing their tunes.  


I also want to share with you all an opportunity I am offering this summer.  I lead travel-journal workshops in far flung places and I am excited to be heading back to my beloved Ireland to sketch and teach (and of course play some music!)  Won't you consider coming along?

There are ancient stone circles and tombs....



and seaside sketching opportunities...


There may even be a pub or two along the way...


I hope you will consider coming along to Ireland with me in August.  Here's a LINK for more information about the trip.  

Happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all.  Let's see those sketches over on our Facebook page!  I'll see you out there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment